Skip to main content

I Got Rejected!


A month ago, I applied for a job post at a company that I wanted so much. I did my best - updated myself with the current issues and trends about the position I was applying for, dressed up properly (and accordingly), made sure that my makeup complemented with the color of my outfit. Despite being prepared and giving my all, the interviewer gave me the most feared phrase any applicant could ever hear: “We will just call you up in a few weeks, if you won’t receive any call from us, it means, we’ve considered someone else for the position.”  My shoulders dropped, and, to lift myself up, I treated myself out for a serving of sundae. While devouring on my ice cream, I was talking to Papa God, and we had a very personal date. I heard Him telling me:  “Nothing just happens; I have bigger plans for you.” In a span of a few minutes, I was able to bounce back.

The journey went on. People prayed for me. I could even remember my ministry head, Bro. Albert Zabala, claiming in the name of Jesus that I will get hired, soon! Every time I was scheduled for an interview, close friends would send me an SMS of their prayers. My family, aunts, and my boyfriend would say encouraging words. These gave me sufficient confidence to face any challenge. I had people praying for me, I had my family and friends believing in me, I had God. 

A month after, another company called me up. *Thanks to Sheila Reyes who referred me.* The recruitment process flowed smoothly. I was still the same Klarisse – I still gave my all. And, voila! Just yesterday, I was offered the job! 

With my job hunting adventure, I couldn’t help but to think of one of the talks of Bro. Bo Sanchez at The Feast PICC about the Principle of Obliquity: A Detour can bring you to a Bigger Destiny. Bro. Bo stressed out that: “Right now, you may be in a difficult time in your life. Maybe the job that you wanted wasn’t given to you. Or the man that you wanted to marry walked out of your life.” I experienced these two: the job I wanted so badly wasn’t given to me… and the man I wanted to marry years ago walked out of my life!

But what is God promising me? “I’ve got news for you: You’re in a Detour. Gigantic obstacles have appeared between you and your desired destiny. You may feel like your life is getting worse by the day. You may feel farther from your destiny today than you were yesterday. Why is God allowing this? Because He wants to tell you, ‘Your dreams are too small. Your goals are too puny. Your ambitions are too tiny. I’ve got a bigger Destiny for you!’. God is telling you, ‘I’ve got a better job for you,’ and ‘I’ve got a better man for your life,’ and ‘I’ve got a better future in store for you that you want right now.’”

True enough, I got rejected by my “then” dream company which I thought was the best, only to find out that God has bigger plans for me: God wanted me to be with a bigger company: getting a higher compensation package, a more fun working atmosphere, a wider opportunity for growth, and a more supportive learning environment. What else can I ask for? God said “I’ve got a better job for you”, and He stayed faithful to His promise.


Oh, and by the way, did you know that:

1. The two companies I was talking about are direct competitors! And,

2. The man I wanted to marry years ago walked out and left me in the midst of our wedding preparation. As always, God remained faithful to His promise in saying “I’ve got a better man for your life”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First "Feast" Anniversary

April 1: Same date, exactly one year ago... I went out of my comfort zone. I stepped into the grounds of PICC... alone. I entered the Plenary Hall without even knowing any single person. I was surrounded with complete strangers. Silently, I took an empty seat at the farthest back corner slot. This "was" me... shy, dependent on people, lost, hurt, broken. Since I was desperate and had no one to run to (except for a spiritual mentor and friend), I decided to go and follow the suggestion of one of the counselors of the Light of Jesus Community, which was, to attend The Feast. "Okay," I told myself. "Let me give it a shot." Mass... it was ordinary, just the same as the ones I used to go to. Although I was in an airconditioned place and seated comfortably in a cushioned chair, there were just too many people. After the Holy Eucharist, the band started to play upbeat songs. People around me started dancing. I was speechless and too surprised! I was caught of

How I Met NICHOLAS SPARKS!

The Notebook, The Wedding, The Guardian, Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember – these are some of the books that made me cry. And who’s the great mind behind these novels? For most of you, this is a no-brainer question. Who else, but Nicholas Sparks ! I admire Nicholas! I love his writing style, and being a hopeless romantic myself, aside from being inspired by his novels, I also literally cry over his books! When I heard the news that he’s coming over for a book tour, my heart leaped! Finally, a chance to meet my idol! But, as the saying goes, life is like a roller coaster. Not everyone will have the chance to get his autograph. According to the mechanics of National Book Store , a lucky draw coupon will be given for every purchase of Nicholas’ new book, The Best of Me, but this coupon is not a guaranteed Signing Pass! NBS will also be giving the top 50 “early birds” a Signing Pass, but then, I have work, and I cannot leave the office early. I was really sad, dismayed, and dis

Dapitan Arcade

Since I'm expecting a new visitor at my flat this coming week, I decided to go to Dapitan Aracade to hunt for beautiful but affordable home decors. Thanks to my friend, Jil, for teaching me how to commute going there. From Taft Avenue, ride any jeepney or FX going to SM North or Fairview. Tell the driver to drop you off at Welcome Rotonda. FX fare from Pedro Gil Taft to Welcome Rotonda costs PhP20. From Welcome, cross the street To Burger King. Beside Burger King are jeepneys with a Mayon signage. Take the jeep and tell the driver to drop you off at Dapitan Arcade. Minimum fare P8. Since its a Sunday, and the rain suddenly poured heavily, some of the stalls were closed, including the side-street vendors. Despite this, I was able to buy these items, and the rain did not stop me from haggling with the vendors! Ceramic Balls - initially, I felt bad about this. From P50 each, only one vendor allowed to lower their price to P40. I was trying to get it for P35. I thought I failed. Bu