Skip to main content

My First "Feast" Anniversary

April 1: Same date, exactly one year ago... I went out of my comfort zone. I stepped into the grounds of PICC... alone. I entered the Plenary Hall without even knowing any single person. I was surrounded with complete strangers. Silently, I took an empty seat at the farthest back corner slot. This "was" me... shy, dependent on people, lost, hurt, broken.

Since I was desperate and had no one to run to (except for a spiritual mentor and friend), I decided to go and follow the suggestion of one of the counselors of the Light of Jesus Community, which was, to attend The Feast. "Okay," I told myself. "Let me give it a shot."

Mass... it was ordinary, just the same as the ones I used to go to. Although I was in an airconditioned place and seated comfortably in a cushioned chair, there were just too many people. After the Holy Eucharist, the band started to play upbeat songs. People around me started dancing. I was speechless and too surprised! I was caught off guard! Must I dance too? Or is it okay to simply remain in my catatonic phase? Can you guess what happened to me? I froze!

"Greet someone beside you and tell that person 'You're a champion'" This was one of the first words that Bro. Bo Sanchez  uttered. People on my side started to tell me that phrase. My reply? "Uhu.... uhmmm.... *smile*" First timers were then welcomed, and people surrounding me gave me the most welcoming smile that I have ever received from a stranger!

Since then, almost all of the words that Bro. Bo preached struck me. It was as if we were the only people in the room, and he was directly addressing God's message to me.

1 Corinthians 10:13 And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it and stand up.

"You were tempted, you were about to give in, you were gonna fall already, and then all of a sudden, there's a way out and you were able to escape."

"Or, you fell already, your face is flat on the floor, then you look up, and God is there."

"Do not be afraid, for the Lord your God is with you, before you, He goes to fight for you."

"God will fight for you."

"You go into battle not alone, God is with you."


"Maybe some of you came here with a heavy heart, with so much problems, you have come here with struggles, with fears, and with worries. My message to you is that its okay, because you are not alone, GOD FIGHTS YOUR BATTLES FOR YOU."

After Bro. Bo's talk, another set of worship songs were played. But this time around, I saw myself clapping my hands, tapping my right foot, followed by my left, then my hips swayed next, and after a few seconds, later on did I realize that I was already dancing and worshiping Jesus!

From that day, April 1, 2012, up to today, I always look forward to attend the Feast at PICC every Sundays. Because I know, my soul will be nourished, I will be surrounded by happy people, and most of all, I will receive so many blessings and love!

And now, I am far from the shy, dependent, lost, hurt, and broken person that I used to be. I may still be in the healing process (as they say, healing doesn't stop), but there is one thing I am assured of, that God will always be on my side!




Comments

  1. Hi Klarisse,

    WOW! You're so brave. You went to the FEAST all by yourself. I can't imagine myself going to a place all by myself.

    But I know, from the photos from this blog that you are already serving and consistently attending the Feast. Keep it up!

    By the way, Happy Anniversary! :D

    Elvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elvin!

    I wouldn't have done it without the grace of God. And when you're desperate and have no one to cling to, that's when you learn to hold on to only God.

    Thank you for the greetings!

    Be super blessed!

    Klarisse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Met NICHOLAS SPARKS!

The Notebook, The Wedding, The Guardian, Message in a Bottle, A Walk to Remember – these are some of the books that made me cry. And who’s the great mind behind these novels? For most of you, this is a no-brainer question. Who else, but Nicholas Sparks ! I admire Nicholas! I love his writing style, and being a hopeless romantic myself, aside from being inspired by his novels, I also literally cry over his books! When I heard the news that he’s coming over for a book tour, my heart leaped! Finally, a chance to meet my idol! But, as the saying goes, life is like a roller coaster. Not everyone will have the chance to get his autograph. According to the mechanics of National Book Store , a lucky draw coupon will be given for every purchase of Nicholas’ new book, The Best of Me, but this coupon is not a guaranteed Signing Pass! NBS will also be giving the top 50 “early birds” a Signing Pass, but then, I have work, and I cannot leave the office early. I was really sad, dismayed, and dis

Positive Affirmations

I've been through a lot of challenges in the past year, and I can proudly say that God never failed to pick me up during the deepest, darkest moments of my life. One of the most effective coping mechanism which helped me a lot is through the use of Positive Affirmations. A web definition states that Positive Affirmation is a technique used to program the subconscious mind to effect change by repeating (or meditating on) a key phrase. Do you want to change your life for the better? Just click on the link and get loads of Positive Affirmations at Affirmation Central !